Maria
Aldape
English
113B
Professor
Lawson
03/14/14
Fieldwork
Report
Project Space “King Taco
Restaurant”
Being a resident of East Los
Angeles, I have gone through different Mexican Food Restaurants. Among them
there is one that really caught my attention because of its amazing food
flavor. This place is called “king Taco Restaurant”. The name just says it all;
The King of Tacos. They have their own particular way of preparation for their
magnificent plates. King Taco started in 1974 selling their food in a converted
ice cream truck.
The first time I went there, the
first thing I saw was people from many places, such as Asians, African
American, White people, and of course Mexican people. But origin is not the
only way I divide the type of people going there, I also saw Marines, Police
Officers, Lawyers, Doctors, Nurses, Pilots and even Homeland Security Officers.
All kinds of people eat there and there is no discrimination for anyone who
visits them.
For people who reside in Los Angeles
know very well this place. Who has not bought King Taco after midnight at 3rd
Street or Olympic Blvd? Who has not asked for more red sauce?
This Mexican Restaurant has a
familiar flavor for me. I can tell that tasting tacos de asada, burritos and
sopes from this particular restaurant, just remind me the place I came from and
the traditional Mexican food I eat there. The only thing I saw different was
that when you go to a Restaurant in Mexico, there is a home feeling and you are
comfortable eating there, but this as a Mexican American Restaurant there is
more movement so it changes from a calm restaurant to a fast food restaurant.
I just search the locations of King
Taco Restaurant and I found out that this place has only 20 different locations
in Los Angeles County. This restaurant is also recognized because they provide
consistent support many organizations that help needy and homeless people. They
provide assistance to children living with cancer, with HIV and AIDS. And also
bring out the smiles of children from our communities giving them a Christmas
present for those who cannot afford one in that special day.
I observed the people who were there
and I notice on them a satisfaction face, an enormous respect to each other as
if everybody had a connection one to another. I have even seen people from
other cultures acting as Mexican people and adopting language and traditions from
our culture and it feels great, because they would not look at us less than
them, and they appreciate something that belongs to the Mexican culture.
I recommend this restaurant to
everyone who would like to enjoy an authentic Mexican dish. I guarantee you
that if you go to this place, you will never change it, because in this
restaurant you will eat the best tacos, burritos and sopes from all over
California you have ever taste.
These
are some locations of King Taco Restaurants:
·
2020 W Pico Blvd -Los Angeles (213) 384-8115
·
4504 E 3rd St -Los Angeles (323) 264-4067
·
2400 East Cesar E Chavez Avenue -Los
Angeles (323) 264-3940
·
1118 Cypress Ave -Los Angeles (323) 223-2595
·
1951 S San Pedro St -Los Angeles (213) 747-3176
·
4300 E Olympic Blvd -Los Angeles (323) 264-9051
·
645 E Washington Blvd -Los Angeles (213) 747-9915
·
2904 N Broadway -Los Angeles (323) 222-8500
No comments:
Post a Comment